Tubes/Thermionic Valves.. discuss them here

Quick Reply

Shoutbox

Welcome. Quick messages/chats but this area is emptied from time to time so nothing permanent here!!
Dave: hhHi guys, just getting over (I hope) a major dose of what I hope is only flue. Managed to avoid retiring to 24 hour bed. Every muscle from upper thighs to shoulder bones and shoulder blades ache like hell, even with the shallowest of breathing. Add into.. Oct 21, 2014 20:47:31 GMT
Dave: Add into this an uncontrollable need to cough, sometimes very deeply, and you'll get the picture. Please read this at at least arms lengths with a pane of 6mm plate glass between you and the PC, just to be safe ;). Back soon. Oct 21, 2014 20:50:39 GMT
Dave: Forgot to mention that this has been going on now for over 4 weeks and, judging by current (lack of) progress I reckon there's another 2 weeks to go. My other half (carer :) brought it into the house via her evening pottery classes and has suffered simila Oct 21, 2014 21:13:37 GMT
Dave: suffered similarly but not quite so severely thank God!!! She's getting over it much better than I am. Oct 21, 2014 21:15:18 GMT
Rabbit: Change in weather, Dave. It triggers all kinds of things. My neighbour went for a flu jab this week. He's 77 and has to watch it at this time of year. Going from damp to hot and dry central heating doesn't always help. Keep low for a while after its gone. Oct 21, 2014 21:19:22 GMT
hifidez: Seems everyone we know has suffered, or is suffering, from a cold-cum-bronchitis thing. Sore throat, neck and head pains, followed by relentless cough; it just doesn't want to clear. And feeling low to - this virus has a depressive edge to it. Oct 23, 2014 10:05:39 GMT
hifidez: My wife' had it worse than me - she actually took time of work. Rare for her to do that. Oct 23, 2014 10:07:17 GMT
Dave: No, Ian. Don't usually argue with you but as one who spent his life, from walking age to mid 20s, largely outside (mate's farm), then onto ironworks and steelworks melting shops, and worked for over a year in Singapore, I think I'm fairly immune to such. Oct 24, 2014 9:36:15 GMT